So today, to test the waters of my readership (all three of you) we are going to delve into my favorite topic. Modern Art. I have mulled this idea around for a while. I mentioned being in the shower when I was thinking of what to share today...and this is what I came up with. I could be a modern artist...a hair modern artist. Warning, this may seem a little gross to some of you. Deal with it. So, some of you know that I shed like a cancer patient. While in the shower I try to stick the hair that comes off on my hands onto the shower wall. Ewwww! I know...get it out...better? Really, it's better than yanking a giant, soapy, slimy wad of hair from the drain. Let's be grown ups, people. It's hair. Usually I just slap it onto the wall and see what designs it has made. Today, it looked like this:

and I'm thinking, this could be art. If this is considered museum quality art:

then why not my hair art? Isn't the point of modern art basically conveying what you feel? My hair made me feel like curvy lines. That other picture made the artist feel like straighter lines. That art is in browns, so is mine. The other art probably took 15 minutes...so did mine. See Brian, David and Jamie? I am finally beginning to understand the finer points of modern art! If you would like to educate me further on modern art...bring it. I will be selling my prints of "shower wall in curves" for $68.99 while supplies last. Unfortunately the original ended up in the garbage as it does every morning. I see a pattern emerging and it's amazing. The similarities just keep piling up!
6 comments:
You do shed like a cancer patient. I thought that I was bad.
About the art....with the glare of the flash it fades the color a bit but the movement of the hair is fab. I think you should raise the price to at least $75.99.
I will leave the actual explanation of what makes modern art to the artist.
I just know what I like and don't like.
Ok...so Jamie and I make two. Who is the third reader?
Wow! I was really impressed with your blog, especially with the Alaska, Costa Rica slide show! (Very creative) Then I came to the shower wall "art" and understood why Brian Fuller insisted on showering in the main batheroom shower rather than your bathroom shower. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ART CAREER!
Love you, mom
Wow, Melissa...you are up to 4 readers!!!!! Love the art. I will take one.
Your hair art makes me think of . . . someone who needs to go get checked for hypothyroidism again. If you die, the price will go up to the low thousands double if it's under suspicious circumstances. Remember me in your will!
Stock in some sort of drain rooter service seems to be in your future. Maybe when you buy your first home you can start a franchise? I think it is spectacular and would leave it to the masses to set the price. Please send out the ebay link.
Post a Comment