Almost into week three of kitchen remodel. I'm sure you have all heard me gripe about my living conditions lately. It occurred to me that it might be cathartic if I were to photograph the evidence for you all to see. It may get some of the whining out of my system. Or not. This remodel may take another few weeks so I'll remain in my state of discomfort and crazy for a while longer. Sorry to anyone who talks to me between now and then!
This table is actually cleaner than it usually is. It makes me sick. I don't like to look at it. It wasn't initially this cluttered but I'm not the only one living here so I don't always get my way.
Pans and food in the coat closet.
We can't open the door all the way because the chair is bulky
and in the way. This is probably the reason for pans and dishes stacked on the table.
Utensils and Tupperware covered in dust and shoved under the end table.
Microwave on the floor because there isn't another good place to plug it in. I moved it here from last nights awesome resting place directly in front of the door. I almost tripped over it when I came home last night. It was sitting in a more sensible location (on an actual table), but the outlet it was plugged into fried up the other night and no longer works. Glad there wasn't a fire! Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised.
Kitchen progress.
Only one dish hanging out in the bathroom, waiting to be washed. It's a good day!
My food in my bedroom. I have been using paper plates and plastic utensils because everything is coated in dust. I also can't come to terms with dishes that have been washed in my bathroom and left to dry on a towel on the toilet seat. Too close to the toilet. Can't do it. I could clean that bathroom every day and still not be able to do it. It's worth the money and the hate from environmentalists.
That's a whole lot of bad attitude coming at you through blog post! There will be a new kitchen for the love. I'm a little tired though. I'll post pictures of the finished product once I've had a good nights sleep and the living room isn't making my skin crawl.












6 comments:
Good luck on getting through the ordeal. It never is easy when you remodel anything while you still live in it. It will be worth the wait.
Love
Dad
Oh Melissa, if only you could let go of the ocd for just a short while, I have no problem with eating off of dishes washed and dried in the bathroom. All the better if they get to dry on the toilet seat!! Some day they will prove that drying your dishes on the toilet seat adds protein or fiber or some such to the food you eat off said dishes and when they do, I will be way ahead of all ya alls!
Steph,
I think I just puked a little bit in my mouth.
How handy! Everything within an arms reach! You can relax in the living room and not even get up out of your chair to get a snack.
Good luck honey, I hope that it is finished soon!
Wow!! I hope it gets done soon.. Miss you!!
Hey girlie! Long time! How did the kitchen turn out? You posted in Jan., it is now March... i sure hope it's done!
You should update :) Miss your face.
Post a Comment